How sick is too Sick to be at school
Children get sick, we here at the school want your children to not miss any more school than is necessary. There are times when you should keep your child at home to help to get better and to prevent spreading illnesses.
Here are some guidelines:
- Fever: If your child has a temperature of 100.4 or above, then he/she should remain at home until fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- Vomiting: Your child should remain home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- Diarrhea: Your child should remain home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- Undiagnosed rash: Your child should not return to school until the rash has been diagnosed and treated if necessary. This is to prevent spread of illnesses.
- Pink Eye : Pink eye is contagious, your child should be treated by a physician before returning to school.
- Flu/Flu like illness: use the above guidelines, but child should see physician to ensure no complications occur.
- Common sense: There are times when your child looks and feels like he/she is too ill to study or learn during the school day.