News Media Guidelines:
All media inquiries regarding any school or the Boaz City Schools are routed through the Communications Department.
Please contact Lauren Grady at email@example.com or (256) 558-9137 and she will assist you in any possible way with your news coverage.
Media Relations: Boaz City Schools recognizes the important role the media plays in the community reporting the news and information about educational programs, services, students, and employees. However, the school district is dedicated to providing all students with a safe, learning environment without unnecessary interruptions. All media visits to campuses must be cleared by the BCSS Communications Department prior to arrival. If an on-campus visit is granted, the news team must check-in at the front office.
Public Information Requests: We're always eager to share information about our school system. Before making requests for specific information, please search the www.boazk12.org web site for the data that you need. A wealth of information about our school system, including the “State Report Card” for the district and each school can also be found at the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) web site at www.alsde.edu.
All requests for customized reports, whether school or district in nature, should be directed to the Communications Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Communications will contact the appropriate schools, divisions, or departments for assistance on your behalf and will serve as your liaison. Your request is important to us and we want to provide you the best service possible.
Social Media Guidelines:
The goal of Boaz City Schools’ social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) is to share information about our district, students, schools, and staff and to engage with our stakeholders in an open and respectful dialogue.
We invite staff, students, families, and the community to join the conversation by liking, commenting, and sharing the BCSS social media posts on any of our pages. However, we respectfully ask that users abide by the following guidelines:
- Comments and posts must be appropriate for an educational environment and for community members of all ages.
- Personal attacks or comments that are deemed offensive to any member of the school district or community are not allowed. Inappropriate remarks and profanity will be removed, and the poster may be blocked from our sites.
- These platforms, including social media private message features, are not intended to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns. While the district makes every effort to respond to direct questions in a timely manner, comments regarding a personal issue with the district, a school, or staff member may be removed. If you have a personal issue or concern and wish to share it with district staff, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to address it.
- Stay on topic. Keep comments and posts related to the news and stories shared by the district.
- Posts regarding product sales or promotions of any sort are not allowed and will be removed.
Media Release - Opt-Out of Release of Student Publicity/Information
From time to time the school and/or school district may wish to publish the image and/or intellectual property of students in order to enhance individual, group, school, or system-wide accomplishments. Intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, photographs, audio/video productions, and other written and graphic works. These reproductions can be used to publicize/promote the child’s school or the school district through the commercial print or television media and through its own media productions. This also includes school yearbooks, school newspapers, and programs for school events such as athletics, choral, and band.
Unless parents notify the school in writing that they do not grant BCSS the right and permission to publish their child’s image and/or intellectual property, these images and/or intellectual property may be used for publication, broadcast, or reproduction without limitations, or reservation, or any fee. If no documentation is on file at the local school, it will be assumed that permission for release of information has been granted.