ACCESS Distance Learning is BCSS Virtual School Option
The ACCESS VL plan provides Alabama students with access to quality instruction and coursework by blending:
• Rigorous Web-based and Interactive Videoconferencing (IVC) courses taught by Alabama-certified and highly-qualified teachers
• A technical infrastructure to deliver approved Web-based courses and connect IVC labs via a statewide network
• Three regional support centers to hire, train, evaluate, and support e-teachers
• Statewide coordination, scheduling, and support for virtual learning
The goal of ACCESS is to continue to meet objectives of the ACCESS plan, expanding the availability of ACCESS Virtual Learning to all public high schools in the state.
• Provide access to advanced diploma courses.
• Provide access to additional course offerings.
• Provide access to Advanced Placement and dual enrollment/dual credit courses.
• Provide access to remediation and supplemental resources.
• Leverage existing resources and virtual learning offerings.
• Provide teachers with additional multimedia and tools to enhance instruction.
• Provide access to courses and resources through the Alabama Supercomputer Authority statewide network infrastructure assuring quality of service delivery.
• Utilize outside evaluation to assess weaknesses and strengths of the program in order to make appropriate adjustments to the implementation of the objectives of ACCESS.