The mission of the Office of Federal Programs is to provide support to the Boaz City School District in improving the academic success of students and in enhancing the professional growth of the staff.
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides funding to state educational agencies to meet the academic needs of eligible students residing within the state. Boaz City Schools is a subrecipient of grants funded through ESEA--Title I, Migrant, Title II, Title III, Title VI, and Homeless. These funds are managed through the Office of Federal Programs.
The Office of Federal Programs primary responsibilities are to:
- Serve as liaison between the district and the Alabama Department of Education,
- Assist the district and schools with interpreting and carrying forth provisions of federal regulations,
- Monitor procedures utilized in conducting annual needs assessments and planning and implementing programs designed for school improvement,
- Provide assistance in developing and implementing the school’s federal programs
- Provide guidance in fiscal management
Mrs. Margaret Mastin
126 Newt Parker Drive
Boaz, Alabama, 35957