Career and Technical Education courses are integral to the Boaz City Schools' academic programs. Representing numerous occupational clusters within several career pathways, CTE courses support student achievement and direction by:
- Providing opportunities for career exploration, planning, and preparation.
- Enhancing academic applications, achievement, and motivation to learn more.
- Acquiring generic work competencies and proficiencies useful for employment.
- Attaining foundational skills that support success in educational and professional endeavors.
- Establishing pathways for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Preparing for future roles as citizens, leaders, and contributors within the global community.
CTE adds relevancy to rigorous coursework through methods such as contextual teaching and learning and applied academics. Students may call it “hands-on.” When they see the relevance of what they are learning, students tend to be more engaged in their education.