Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools
Professional Development has three components that must be conducted annually for all newly hired teachers, administrators, evaluators, and others, as appropriate. Each LEA is responsible for facilitating Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools training, maintaining a personnel training database, and verifying assessment documents for each of the three components.
Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools Awareness Presentation
- Click the link or copy and paste into the URL window to download and view the presentation with notes.
Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
The IRIS Center Module Resources
- Review Navigating an IRIS STAR Legacy Module
- Classroom Management (Part 1):
Learning the Components of a Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan.
Use a word document or your own paper to answer questions 1-5. Follow LEA
requirements for submitting assessment documents.
- Classroom Management (Part 2):
Developing Your Own Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan
- Once you have completed PERSPECTIVES & RESOURCES return to page 9 to develop you own action plan. Follow LEA requirements for submitting assessment documents.
- Use a word document or your own paper to answer questions 1-5.Follow LEA requirements for submitting assessment documents.
Makes Sense Strategies (MSS) Training
- Go to the Alabama State Personnel Development Grant website Makes Sense Strategies Professional Development http://www.alspdg.org/makessense_strategies_training.html
- Follow the detailed instructions to complete the MSS video series PD
Professional Development Documents
Click the links to download the professional development documents. Open each document; fill in the details and print.
ALSDE Professional Development Certificate
Individuals completing Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schoolsprofessional development will receive a certificate from the LEA conducting the training. It is the individual’s responsibility to retain a copy of the professional development certificate.http://www.alspdg.org/2013_docs/Addressing_Disproportionality_certificate.doc
NOTE: Please be sure you download the current certificate that includes the IRISSTAR Legacy Modules at item 2. If it does not, please click the refresh button in the URL window to ensure the old form is not held in the history or cache of the web browser.
Statement of Assurance Form
The ALSDE requires all LEAs to complete the Statement of Assurance form andretain a copy on file for official use during Focused Monitoring visits. LEAs are no longer required to send a copy of the Statement of Assurance form to the SDE.
Note: If you have problems with the certificate, download it to your desktop. Then open the certificate from the saved file.